Like many California companies founded after World War II, Eubanks Engineering Co. started out in a garage. Its founder was Floyd G. Eubanks, an inventor, who decided in the early ’50s that the world needed a better wire stripping machine. After several years and a number of prototypes, the Model 810 Automatic Wire Stripper was born and deemed ready for introduction.
In 1956, the first production prototypes were installed at North American Aviation Co. and Beckman Instruments, Inc. Full-scale production began in 1957 when Floyd’s son Ed joined the company. As Floyd had anticipated, they soon were shipping machines to companies throughout the United States and to many overseas companies.
Eubanks is now a third-generation company managed by David Eubanks, Ed’s son. It outgrew its Pasadena quarters and moved to Monrovia in 1963. Since those early days, a capable and productive team of employees has enabled Eubanks to become an organization known worldwide for its innovative ability and the productivity and reliability of its products.
In 1981, the company acquired Cablescan, Inc., a leading manufacturer of automatic test equipment for wire harnesses. It entered the wire marking business in 1983 with the acquisition of TAB Engineering Co., a pioneer in the use of rotatable type discs for wire marking. In 2004 Eubanks moved to its current location in the city of Ontario, which is about 30 miles east of Monrovia.
For more than 60 years, Eubanks Engineering has been developing and making innovative products designed to give the world better ways to process wire and test wiring assemblies.